By joining the American Branch, you get a “two-for-one” deal. You receive all the benefits of the American Branch, but you are also eligible to become a full member of the Richard III Society’s parent organization in the United Kingdom. The latter has Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG) status. In order to complete the process and to comply with British law, your name, address, and date of birth need to be enrolled with the CLG.
New members – Please note: To ensure that you promptly receive all your member benefits, we will register your name, address, and DOB with the CLG when you first join the American Branch. Should you wish to “opt out” of membership with the CLG, you can contact our Membership Chair at email@example.com and ask to be removed.
Benefits of the American Branch include:
- Biannual Ricardian Register
- Electronic newsletter Ricardian Chronicle
- Invitation to participate in the biennial General Membership Meeting
- Invitations to lectures, talks, or events sponsored by the Branch
- Access to over 1,000 books, fiction and non-fiction, in our lending libraries
- Access to a community of like-minded history enthusiasts
- Volunteer opportunities
Benefits of the Richard III Society, Ltd., UK (CLG) include:
- Quarterly magazine Ricardian Bulletin
- Annual academic journal The Ricardian
- Invitation to participate in Annual General Membership meetings
- Invitations to lectures, talks, or events sponsored by the CLG
- Discounts on tickets to historical sites and venues in the UK
Questions about membership? Start with our FAQ page.
We have a variety of membership levels for individuals, couples, and families. There are also “Sponsorship Tier” memberships which include a built-in tax-deductible donation to the Branch. Any membership of $75 or above will cover all members of a household (if you wish.)
Gift memberships can be arranged by emailing the Membership Chair directly (firstname.lastname@example.org); we’ll be happy to work with you to create a great gift!
Already a member? Consider volunteering!
The American Branch is entirely staffed and managed by volunteers. Some of the things our volunteers do include: Serving as Board members, hosting events, website work, social media management, writing articles, editing publications, organizing our archives, serving as librarians, and more. Got a skill? Think you can help with any of these things, or do you have a new idea idea that you’d like to see happen?
Contact email@example.com and get started.